Our Albion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This is BAAAWLIN'

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynai
Egg
Egg
Lynai

This is BAAAWLIN' Empty
PostSubject: This is BAAAWLIN'   This is BAAAWLIN' EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 7:35 pm

Name: Alex
Favorite Movies: INGLORIOUS BASTERDS (fufufu)
Favorite Bands: Gackt, Utada Hikaru, t.A.T.u., Scooter

Are you Will? Skill? Strength? Mix?: Skill, bb. Just love cockin' that gun back.
Good/Evil/Mix Character?: Usually good unless I suddenly feel like mass murdering. But it's okay because the public will forgive me in the end.
Your favorite Fable game?: Two. Felt longer than the third but much more advanced than the first.

Do you write fanfiction?: Hell yeah but it's been mainly second-person as of late (them 'you' fictions).
Do you make fanart?: Occasionally, but not really.
Have a deviantart handle?: SpiritArcher
Have a fanfiction.net handle?: Spirit4rcher (I'm so creative)

Other?: Omg gais, TUMBLR. TUUUMBLR. I'M A WHORE FOR TUMBLR.

I'm a full-time student (with a part-time job) near graduation (weooo, BA in Animation!) and am a 3D modeler. I plan on working in the animation business in the future so the gaming and animation industry, although very fun, is very important to me because that's where my money will be coming from. I have problems now just watching very simple movies because I always point out flaws in either the animation, story or dynamics and freak out when something beautiful (like Legend of the Guardian, btw that movie flopped on storyline to me. Ugh) comes out and I cry at the thought of the render time.

I'm also a cosplayer but it's mainly a hobby I don't want to let die (lol). It's very expensive (ohGod) and I swear it's like fabric stores are my dealers. I haven't done any elaborate costumes yet (but I have done an elaborate prop) but I'm always pushing myself to learn more because I also really like sewing. I find it to be really fun and rewarding.

OKAY I'M DONE. LOL. BACK TO HOMEWORK.
Back to top Go down
http://spiritarcher.deviantart.com/
QueenYarbo
Queen
Queen
QueenYarbo

This is BAAAWLIN' Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is BAAAWLIN'   This is BAAAWLIN' EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 8:35 pm

Hello! Lynai! I hope you enjoy your stay at Our Albion, I look forward to seeing you around here~

Oh! You live in Arizona? What area? I lived there with my sister for a couple of months. Which was in Goodyear. My aunt and uncle also live in Yuma (they come up to MN each summer though)

I have the SAME problem with movies. I haven't even started with 3D modeling, although it is something that interests me. Do you recommend a program? Preferably something that works on Macs? XD

I'm actually working on a Cosplay as we.. err speak. What kind of stuff have you Cosplayed and do you plan on doing?
Back to top Go down
http://queen-yarbo.deviantart.com/
Lynai
Egg
Egg
Lynai

This is BAAAWLIN' Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is BAAAWLIN'   This is BAAAWLIN' EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 10:19 pm

Thank you! ' w'

I live in the Phoenix area (dead center, not Glendale, not Scottsdale, Phoeeenixxx). I pass Goodyear every time I go home (which is also in Yuma! What part does your aunt and uncle live in? Foothills or the city? :B ).

I would suggest Maya since I don't think Max can work on Macs. Max and Maya are both the same and both are released by Autodesk (if you have an .edu e-mail, you can get a free, student version of it on their site) but I think companies lean more towards Maya because it's easier to handle than Max. Blender's also a good program. I haven't tried it out myself and I don't know if it works on Macs but it's a free 3D program that I've been meaning to try out. :B

Humhumhum. Right now I have 1925!Miku Hatsune and Bloody Sunday!Russia (Hetalia) absolutely planned that are going to be debuted at Phoenix Comic Con. I plan on working on Russia during my spring break (which is in a week) but right now I'm re-doing my Team Rocket outfit. eoe;; Bahaha, I love it but I gotta re-do it because the first shirt is uuugly. I've done Fai from Tsubasa, Police!France (Hetalia again) and Madame Boss from Pokemon (character people never hear of. xD; She's Giovanni's mom. Srsly).

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE VIA COSPLAY? :B And what got you interested in 3D? Hurhurhur.
Back to top Go down
Dex
Prince
Prince
Dex

This is BAAAWLIN' Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is BAAAWLIN'   This is BAAAWLIN' EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 12:40 am

HELLO AND WELCOME TO OUR ALBION!!!! Smile

FAI IS AWESOME...he was one of a fav persons
Back to top Go down
QueenYarbo
Queen
Queen
QueenYarbo

This is BAAAWLIN' Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is BAAAWLIN'   This is BAAAWLIN' EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 12:00 pm

Have you seen that sign that says

"Zoo -->
Surpise --->
Prison"

I freaking love it Laughing nearly as much as I love that emote.

I don't know, I do know that my uncle works in California (English Teacher) and my aunt is an English professor at some college in the area. Despite living there for awhile I never got the chance to see their house D:

Fuck yeah, Pokemon cosplay! Wait, Madame Boss is Giovanni's MOM? That's completely crazy. When I went to Mall of America for the Black and White tour there were a lot of people cosplaying as Team Rocket. What color outfits do you wear?

I'm actually just "getting into" cosplay. I love video games and shows, costumes, crafts, and modeling. So Cosplay is something I've always wanted to do. But you're right, it is soooo expensive D': Which is why I waited so long to start. Between buying the materials, wigs, con tickets, the right shoes, craft material for accessories, sheesh it's ridiculous. But soo satisfying XD

Right now I'm working on a Blair from Soul Eater and Aries from Fairy Tail. Aries' is nearly finished (just need the wig and socks) and right this second I'm fixing up Blair's outfit. I'll be wearing these for Detour. I'm also planning on doing a cosplay of Luna from Harvest Moon.

As for my interest in 3D, I love drawing and trying out different mediums. Plus my one of my brothers (who has always very supportive in me and pushed me to go into Art. He even got me the Mac) really wants me to try and keeps pushing it. So it's peaked me interest. You'll have to post some of your stuff on the fan art section. It's not us limited to Fable fan art nor just Fan art XDD
Back to top Go down
Lynai
Egg
Egg
Lynai

This is BAAAWLIN' Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is BAAAWLIN'   This is BAAAWLIN' EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 10:56 pm

@Dex: Thanks! 8D

@Yarbo: I haven't. ; 3; Where is it? I need to find this sign now. xD

TOTALLY. It's his mummy. Apparently, she's really money hungry. She sent Jessie's mom off to find Mew and ended up indirectly killing Jessie's mom because she got caught in an avalanche. 8'C I actually went to the pokemon tour today. I wasn't too impressed. There were long ass lines everywhere to meet the pokemon and there were four stations around the ENTIRE mall (which is a very big mall and the store that goes through the middle of it was closed). I was disappointed too. I saw a few trainers, one other Rocket (my friend was also a Rocket, I decided not to do Rocket since we were going to a Steampunk tea party my friend was throwing later in the day and I didn't want to do a costume change. I also do the normal Grunt but I decided to do the female version c8) and one Aqua. It was pretty pitiful. :/ I also couldn't get a Shiny Celebi cuz I didn't realize you had to bring your DS. oTL;;; I thought they'd give you a piece of paper that you could plug into the thing. alsdjfasdkf

Ooo. o3o ...IhavenocluewhoBlairis. xD; My friend made me do Soul Eater at random so I said 'okay, I don't know what it is but I'll do it. oTL' I did the blackhaired version of Medusa and completed the costume and my friend didn't even complete her Stein costume. >I Hnng. Have you ever worn a costume to a con before? It gets pretty intense if you haven't. oAo;;

Hohooo! You have a good brother. 3D modeling can be a bit difficult to grasp in the beginning. I had one hell of a time and it was very frustrating, especially since my teacher went very fast. Use shit tons of tutorials! There's a site called the Gnomon Workshop, you have to sign up to get the tutorials but you can get a few free ones but they're all really great. CGSociety.com is a place for both 2D and 3D artists and the 3D art is just amazing. Some people post up WIPs of their work and sometimes they post up wireframes of their models (which is very good to show how they did it and how clean it is). I'm not sure if they have tutorials but sometimes they show insight into the industry. They had an article on Fable 2 and an even bigger article on Fable 3 and what they did throughout the games development. They also had a thing on Megamind and how they had to create a special plugin that instantly destroyed buildings perfectly because they had to destroy so many buildings.

ajsdfdf derpderpderp.

I'm going to the art section now. ; 3;
Back to top Go down
QueenYarbo
Queen
Queen
QueenYarbo

This is BAAAWLIN' Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is BAAAWLIN'   This is BAAAWLIN' EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 11:49 pm

Oh god, I don't even know. I presume somewhere near Surprise, Goodyear and a prison and zoo.

Yeah, I HATED how everything was so far spread apart. I was wearing Rocking Horse Shoes to the event (Which was at the Mall of America, the biggest mall in the world D:) And my big toes are STILL bruised. I guess it wasn't as exciting, since Black and White are already out. I went on the fifth so it was all like "OMFG WHAT IS THIS?!" and surprises everywhere. Also, was there someone filming when you were there? We got filmed at MoA and were trying to figure out who the hell it was and what for. It was either a local news station, MoA, or Pokemon.

Oh Steampunk? I think you've peaked Dex's interest XD

Blair is the sexy witch cat XDD With the purple hair. Wuttt? That sucks XD If you force someone to cosplay you should get your stuff done first! That's what I'm doing XDD ... I actually haven't been to a Con before. Detour will be my first time XDD The closest thing was School Girl and Mobile Suits and it's more of an educational thing and fashion show if anything. I'm going again this year, but that's just because it'll be free for me thanks to one of the Designers. She's having me do the runway for her. I don't know if I'd put $100 bucks down a second time.

Yeah, he's pretty good at making everyone else look bad XD I have watched a lot of tutorial videos, and it does look really scary. However art is all about advancing and improving your technique, so I'm going to at least have to try it. Thank you for all the resources. To be honest, while Dave has given me the push, I've been wanting to work on 3D since I saw Monsters Inc XD I'm very excited to start, especially with all these great resources spread out.

What made you decide to follow a career in 3D?
Back to top Go down
Lynai
Egg
Egg
Lynai

This is BAAAWLIN' Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is BAAAWLIN'   This is BAAAWLIN' EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 12:09 am

Oh, I have nooo clue then! @_@;;

No one was filming when I was there. I was supposed to go on Sunday but my roommates got up late so I said 'No.' B| I really wanted a shiny Celebi. oTL

STEAMPUNK IS MY LOVE. 8c

Hahaaa! With cons, I would generally look at a courtesy thing. A lot of tweens think because it's a con, they're among friends so they can do whatever. That's partially half truth. The main thing I wanna point out is touching. If someone wants to hug you or something and they don't ask permission, don't be afraid to scold them. I was America at a big con here once and I was at a photoshoot with a bunch of other people from Hetalia and all of a sudden, I got knocked down from behind. I was like 'WTFJUSTHAPPENED' and a girl who had just knocked me down yelled 'ILOVEYOUAMERICA' and ran away. I was incredibly pissed. One, because she didn't ask, she just glomped me from behind, effectively taking both myself and her down. Two, I was afraid she was hurt (or even myself. I was more concerned for her safety). And three, I was concerned for my costume if it had ripped because it was the first costume that I had to buy (I usually make my costumes) and it was already expensive enough. I glared at the little she-devil for those various reasons and she thought nothing of it. Hell, a lot of things could have happened too, like what if I had a bad knee? I would have so taken her to security and asked for her ass to be kicked out even if she said sorry so many times. There are secret rules at cons called manners but only half of the attendee's know what it is. BI So make sure of your surroundings at times. If someone wants to glomp you, it's okay to deny them if you don't want to or are afraid your costume won't handle it.

HERPDERP.

You're welcome! :B OH ALSO. I saw your thingy on DA, your progression with Aries. I love it, it looks very cute. eoe But is the fabric warm? Are you going to be warm? oTL It reminded me of fleece.

And with 3D uh... originally, in jr high, I wanted to be a game designer. That opinion changed when I was in high school and instead, I wanted to be an animator. Again, THAT opinion changed when I got into college. I originally wanted to do a combination of stuff, then it was narrowed down to 3d modeler/animator but now it's just 3d modeler. :B Pff. I just have a general interested for 3D. I think it's really cool and I love playing with lighting @_@
Back to top Go down
Dex
Prince
Prince
Dex

This is BAAAWLIN' Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is BAAAWLIN'   This is BAAAWLIN' EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 9:36 pm

STEAMPUNK..IS...AWESOME...and sexy Oh noes
I hope I can keep a cool head I know I'm going to one the dances they have and I hope to do the karaoke Oh noes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

This is BAAAWLIN' Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is BAAAWLIN'   This is BAAAWLIN' Empty

Back to top Go down

This is BAAAWLIN'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Albion :: General :: Introduction-
Jump to: